Please read these rules (the Rules) before submitting your photo(s) to RedRiverGorge.com’s contest. These are General Rules governing all contests hosted by RedRiverGorge.com, unless so specified in the Specific Rules that may be applicable to individual contests. By participating in the contests, you understand, acknowledge and unconditionally agree to abide by the following Rules:
BASIC SUBMISSIONS GUIDELINES FOR PHOTOGRAPHS
1. The contests are open for online submissions only, through the contest page available on RedRiverGorge.com.
2. Submissions will not be accepted once the deadline lapses.
3. Photos submitted should be no larger than 5MB.
4. You may submit as many entries per contest as you wish, unless specifically mentioned otherwise in the contest specific rules.
5. You are required to provide a unique title & description for each image submitted.
6. The same photo can be submitted for more than one contest. Photos that have won previous awards, including RedRiverGorge.com’s prior contests, may be submitted again, unless otherwise mentioned in the contest specific rules.
7. All submitted photos must contain the original EXIF metadata information. However there must be no border(s), logo(s), copyright marks, identifying marks, or any other visible references and/or marks on the image.
8. Basic editing, including color enhancement, the use of filters, and cropping of the photo(s) is acceptable, provided any such editing does not affect the authenticity and/or genuineness of the photo(s).
9. Advanced editing used to create illusions, deceptions and/or manipulations, and the adding and removing of significant elements within the frame is prohibited.
10. Every image uploaded is subject to a moderation process before it becomes visible on the contest page. RedRiverGorge.com reserves the right to assess and disregard any submitted photo at its discretion.
11. Photos that portray or otherwise include inappropriate and/or offensive content, including provocative nudity, violence, human rights and/or environmental violation, and/or any other contents deemed to be contrary to the law, religious, cultural & moral traditions RedRiverGorge.com would like to encourage for society, are strictly prohibited and will be immediately discarded.
12. A participant who submits any such photos may be permanently banned, subject to RedRiverGorge.com’s discretion, from participating in any future contests.
1. Judging will be crowd sourced and available to anyone who has access to redrivergorge.com.
2. The 10 photos receiving the most votes will be the 10 winners. The results and the winners will be announced on the website.
3. The decision of the tallied votes will be final and binding on all Participants in respect to all matters relating to the Contest.
4. Better Photography reserves the right to call for original JPEG or RAW files with unchanged EXIF for the purpose of authentication. An image maybe disregarded if this information cannot be provided.
1. Contest winners will be notified by RedRiverGorge.com via email directly at the email address submitted with their photograph submission.
2. Any prize not claimed within 30 days of initial notification will be forfeited.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
1. Submitted photos must be original, created and/or taken by the contestant. It must not contain any materials owned or controlled by a third party for which you have not obtained a license, must not infringe the copyright, trademark, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity.
2. RedRiverGorge.com respects photographers’ copyrights and copyrights shall remain vested with the creator of the image. Upon making the submission, you grant RedRiverGorge.com, Red River Gorgeous, and Red River Gorge Cabin Rentals worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free, sub-licensable right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, create derivative works, distribute, have distributed, print, in whole or in part, in any form, in all media forms now or hereafter known, to promote the contest, image, the photographer or for editorial or educative use.
3. The Photographer will be credited wherever the image is used.
1. You hereby hold harmless, release, indemnify and discharge RedRiverGorge.com and its parent company, Red River Gorgeous, and its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers and representatives from all liability, claims, judgments, demands, controversies, agreements, damages, actions and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related in any way to the contest or the conduct of the contest and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded, whether in law or in equity, no matter what the cause or nature, and you further waive any claims that you may state or assert against RedRiverGorge.com and Red River Gorgeous in association with the contest or any of its associated activities, or in any way related to or resulting from the contest even if such injury or claims results from or is caused by the negligence or gross negligence of RedRiverGorge.com and Red River Gorgeous, in whole or in part, due to human error or otherwise. You further agree to indemnify and hold harmless RedRiverGorge.com and Red River Gorgeous from any claim arising out of your participation in the contest including, without limitation, all claims brought or asserted by any third party as a result of any injury or loss that you or they may sustain in any way associated with your participation in the contest.
2. Under no circumstance will RedRiverGorge.com be liable for any:
a) Lost, late, misdirected, stolen, illegible or incomplete submissions
b) Error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, submitted photo(s);
c) Problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing;
d) Incorrect or inaccurate information, caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the Photos and/or the Submissions; and/or
e) Injury or damage to any Participant or to any computer related to, resulting from or in connection with the Contest.
3. If, for any reason, the contest is not capable of being conducted as anticipated, due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of RedRiverGorge.com, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the contest, RedRiverGorge.com reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest as deemed appropriate, disqualify any participant, and/or select winners from all eligible photos submitted prior to the termination, cancellation, modification or suspension. RedRiverGorge.com reserves the right to correct any typo-graphical, printing, computer programming or operating errors at any time.
The Contest, Your Submission(s) and the Rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with United States of America’s laws. Any aspects or disputes arising out of or in connection with the contest and/or your submission(s) will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the USA courts.